Thursday, July 28, 2005

Argh! I'm so lazy.

At the beginning of this year (and this blog) I was so keen on using cloth nappies on my babe. I did a lot of research into it and decided that it was a great way to go. Argh. Six months later and I've given up already. It is very disheartening.

Why did I stop using them?

I think the main problem was that I didn't have enough to use them constantly. I really only had enough fitted cloth nappies for a day and not enough covers. I'd use them for a day or so, then go back to disposables for a few days while the cloth ones dried. I wanted to buy more but the initial expense is just too high. Another problem was that they'd come off the line really rough - like sandpaper. Although I've solved that last problem - wash on a delicate cycle and use vinegar in the rinse!

Another thing was the size of his bottom! Clothes these days aren't really designed for big bottomed babies - i had trouble getting them to fit - but I guess that's easy to solve by getting bigger clothes!

So the final excuse is my laziness. I couldn't be bothered with the washing. Lame, Jen, lame. Well, I've convinced myself. Tomorrow I'll start using them again! I'll let you know in a few days when I haven't stuck to my guns.

No comments: