Saturday, July 31, 2010

Today's plan

Today we were hoping to get out to the Biennale since tomorrow's the last day. But looking at the weather radar this morning:


I think that plan is out the window (the blue/white/yellow bits are rain). I went during the school holidays with Atti and Elora. On an iffy sort of day, weather-wise. Iffy until we got there, that is. And the skies opened up and we were miserable and wet, no, soaked, and Atti said "I don't want to go to Cockatoo Island ever again" when we got home. Not doing that again!

So I've finally started to get cracking on the oliver+s Ice Cream Dress as part of Amy and Kate's Ice Cream Social.

I only decided to participate at the last minute. Of course by then patterns had sold out. I finally got mine yesterday so I'm starting one day after the finish. D'oh! But that's okay. I've had plenty of time to admire all the work of everyone else and boy are there some prolific sewers (sewists? people who sew?) out there!

I'm thinking of just making View C for now - less work involved (no pockets) meaning it will get done more quickly.

I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Sometimes I secretly love it when it rains and I get to stay home and sew ;) hey and I haven't finishedy ice cream dress yet ... Maybe I'll do that today too ;)

Amy Badskirt said...

Starting late is probably the best way! You get to learn from everyone else's mistakes and sapre yourself a bit of grief. I can't wait to see how you go.