Friday, August 06, 2010

Cinnamon+sugar+butter=yum

I recently discovered the blog of Jo from bubala who is also a mother of three here in Sydney. Lately she has been making bread and the other day she wrote about making cinnamon scrolls. They sounded just too delicious and too simple and easy not to try making them myself!

So yesterday (my day at home with Elora) I made up a batch of dough and in the afternoon I made the scrolls. I probably used more butter than Jo and forgot the sultanas but it didn't matter.


They turned out wonderfully! Soft but not too soft, sweet and cinnamony and delish. We had them for dessert and the kids demolished them in no time. "Mmm. They're like doughnuts!" Atti said as he reached for his second.

They were so good I decided to make another batch this morning and took them to work. I remembered the sultanas this time and used a little less butter and a little more cinnamon. They weren't bad either. We demolished them too!


Thanks, Jo, for the inspiration!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

They look delicious! I'll have to give the recipe a try.

Jo said...

Hi Jen, you're welcome! I'm so glad you tried them and I'm relieved that they worked out & I hadn't done a dud recipe :-)