Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Great Diaspora

Something's in the air. A whole bunch of our friends are distributing themselves around the world these days. Some have moved for a few years, some are going for a holiday and some have gone for who knows how long!

Jaime and Shannon are in Vancouver.
Petto is in New York.
Evelyn and Tancred are in Edinburgh.
Marcelle is in Thailand (mainly).
Kate and Iain are in Cambridge.

Guy and Anna are travelling around Europe.
Eugene's learning Mandarin in Shanghai.
False Dan (my Dan's the "real" Dan...) is going to Iceland soon.
Marina's managing the Flying Tsars as they tour Australia.
Jo and Vee are heading to France.
Bez and Shoshe are moving Ithaca so Shoshe can do a PhD at Cornell Uni.

Yen Li just came back from Washington.
Joe and Elle went to Europe late last year.

And that's just the ones I can think about at the moment! It's great that everyone's got the travel bug. I just wish we could join them...

At one point Dan and I had plans to move to either America or the UK. I really wanted to live and work in London. We had even set a tentative date to be gone by. Then Dante came along and changed our plans. We still thought about doing it and taking him with us, but time just ran away from us... then Atticus came and now Elora. I don't know if I could move away from my family now! Maybe one day when the kids are older? We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now I feel left out :(

All that travelling that I have done and am doing in about 2 months and I did not make the list.

Damn it, must travel to more impressive places
Must make List!!!

Jen said...

Aww, MD, I did say they were only the ones I could think of at the time. In fact, I was surprised that you weren't travelling... and had forgotten that you're planning to be in the UK later! Sorry :(