Sunday, April 22, 2007

Three kids = hard work

{sigh} It's hard work looking after three kids. I'm tired and grumpy and just want some time to myself!

Okay, well, that's not entirely true. I would really like a night out with our friends, without kids to run after and worry about... I know that's not going to happen for a long time - perhaps never. Does a parent ever stop worrying about their kids?

But yes, three kids are a handful. I can't imagine having more. Two was easier because Dan and I were able to look after one each. Now someone has to have two and that is usually Dan because I'm usually with the baby. And, I really shouldn't complain because my most wonderful parents who live right next door are the most glorious help that I couldn't live without!

I think I'm especially tired at the moment because it has been school holidays. I organised some activities for Dante over the but we have also had my nephew (13) and niece (7) here this past week. It's been pretty full-on with all the kids around. Dante has really enjoyed the company, and I have enjoyed spending time with my brother's kids, but it will be nice to get back to the quiet once school goes back!

I really don't know how my mother managed FIVE of us!

2 comments:

Shanathalas said...

I can imagine how much work three kids must be, even with the three best kids in the world. Hopefully things will get easier as you learn to have eyes in the back of your head.

Jen said...

Thanks Shan! Yes, eyes in the back of the head, an extra pair of arms... actually, a whole extra self would be the best all round option.