Friday, February 16, 2007

Post-valentine night out

We went on a date! Sort-of. Dinner and a movie. No kids. That's a date, right?

We managed to organise for both kids to have sleep-overs tonight. Dante was picked up from school/after care by his most wonderful Auntie Bec, and Atticus stayed at home with my folks. So, Dan and I headed out to dinner (I had salmon, he had steak) and then went and saw a very "chick" (not "chic") flick. I don't often get to go out to see a film that's not targeted at kids, so I decided we should see something girly, since Dan goes out to see his zombie/horror/sci-fi films with the lads every so often. Unfortunately there were no Jane Austen remakes so this had to do. It was fun, although obviously very cheesy and predictable.

Anyway, it was nice to get out. Now I've just got to work on the "not feeling guilty for dumping my kids on other people for the night" part of it.

No comments: