Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Getting ready for Big School.

Next year Dante starts "big" school - he'll be in Kindergarten. It's very exciting, for me as well as him! We've been to the school for some introductory transition mornings and he's taken it very well, although we were late most times (doesn't bode well for next year!). I'm a bit nervous about it as well, I have to admit. I guess it's natural for parents to feel this way when their first-born starts school - it's a whole new era. Someone at work told me that our lives will be ruled by school holidays from here on in.

Today at childcare they had a "lunch box and uniform" day for the kids starting school next year. It was so cute! The boys and girls looked so grown up and yet so small in their oversized tunics and shirts. They were happy comparing their clothes, swapping hats and looking at the different school emblems on their shirts. Two girls who will be going to the same school decided they were "twins". I wish I'd taken a photo of them all, or even Dante!

No comments: