Friday, December 30, 2005

More on Christmas

Okay, so I'm of Chinese descent. I have black hair, dead straight. And for Christmas I asked for (and received) a hair straightener. My sister-in-law laughed her head off when she was told that I wanted one, and really didn't believe that it wasn't a joke. But I did want one, and that's what I got! "Why?" you may ask. Well, my wonderful hairdresser, Nathan, once used the hair straightener to give me the most incredible voluminous curls. They were bouncy and wavy and I loved them! Anyway, I've tried to do it myself with my own device but didn't have much luck - just ended up putting big kinks in my hair. I'll have to practise some more, or ask Nathan to show me next time I see him.

On the more geeky side of things, Dan got me a 300Gb external HDD for Xmas. It's got a USB 2.0 connection as well as a card reader (for all sorts of types). Hooray! I've been running out of room on my PowerBook (like, only a couple of Gb left) so I'll finally be able to move my iTunes library off the machine... once I'm sure that the HDD won't die completely. I mean, how do you back up that much data, cheaply?

No comments: