Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

I think I've had the most tiring Mother's Day yet.

This morning my parents went overseas for two weeks! Ack! How am I ever going to cope without them?

Atticus has been coughing all day - he spent his entire nap time spluttering and coughing, after vomiting up a large proportion of his lunch.

Dante spent the most of the day playing on the Playstation. Dreadful, I know, but we were too tired to object. At least he cleaned up the lounge room and I managed to vacuum it.

I did three big loads of laundry.

Dan's mother and sister and her boyfriend came over for dinner. Dan and his mother took Dante with them to buy groceries. I am grateful for that, except I could barely cope with the two kids while they were gone. Things made worse because Atti was overtired and unwell.

I did receive some nice pressies - a book called Little, Big and the RocKwiz DVD. Dan was wonderful with the kids this morning.

And the best pressie? It's a sign of what I've become after being totally immersed in bringing up this small baby that I think this is wonderful... Elora finally moved her bowels after 19 days. That's right. More than ⅕ of her life!

And I discovered that I haven't been receiving email notifications of comments to posts in this blog. Sorry everyone! Check back - there were quite a few.

Anyway, back to trying to get this girl to sleep. Sorry for the disjointed post. I am just so tired.

2 comments:

Shanathalas said...

Happy Mother Day Jen! Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate.

Hmmm, I doubt a bowel movement would serve as a valid mother's day present to my mum. However, I can remember when my brother was that age and he never pooed. They started feeding him all these carrots for the roughage - he literally turned bright orange.

Jen said...

Thanks Shan!

Heheh... wow, I've heard of it happening but I've never actually seen someone turn orange from too many carrots.