Friday, June 08, 2007

It's icy out there

The weather outside at the moment is amazing. I can't believe I said that Sydney winters were dry and sunny. It's cold, windy and wet outside today. Yesterday morning we were woken by the most incredible, bone-rattling thunderstorm (and then went back to sleep because it was so dark and everyone was late for work/school).

According to my Degrees Down Under dashboard widget (Mac users only) the apparent temperature here is 7.9°C. I had plans to go to a farewell function at work for almost the ENTIRE admin section of my building (bar one person) but I don't dare step outside... not even to go next door! I've just managed to get both kids down to sleep and hopefully the cold and dark will help them sleep for a while.

It's times like these I'm glad we don't live in tents.

No comments: