Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lots of reading in store

I just found out that a friend of mine buys the Booker prize winning book each year for his wife (they announce it just before her birthday each year). What a brilliant idea, I reckon! If you're looking for something to read, why not something that's been critically acclaimed and awarded?

So, that's my next big project/ambition. I'm going to read all the Booker prize books.

I'm starting with "The Blind Assassin" by Margaret Atwood. Mainly because we already have it and I loved "Oryx and Crake".

Anyone want to join me?

2 comments:

Danzilla said...

That's a good idea; I'd be up for it. I've only read one on the list (and one of the shortlisted ones - Oryx and Crake).

Shanathalas said...

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe we can have a long-distance bookclub thing going.