Thursday, August 07, 2008

Yay for coffee

We made it!

We altered the plan a bit. Dan stayed up with Atti until midnight last night while I went to bed early so that I could wake him up at 4am.

Dan did a great job - took Atti to the supermarket with him. Apparently he was incredibly cheerful and helpful. I woke up at 4am, immediately had a cup of coffee (which Dan bought the night before since we don't usually drink the stuff) and went up to the boy. I sat on his bed looking at him sleeping for at least 10 minutes before I could finally work up to waking him up. Sleeping children look so angelic. I felt so slack!

But the kid is a real trooper. After having some breakfast we played with the marble run (I love that toy!) and watched some Yo Gabba Gabba (and I had my second cup of coffee...)

Atti at 5am

He stayed awake the whole journey to the hospital - the entire hour... until about 5 minutes away. That short sleep was enough to energize him so he didn't sleep during the test but I think they got good results. He was pretty excited because Dan had told him that he would be wearing a special "Space Hat". He couldn't wait to get it on!
Happy with his Space Hat on.

We'll find out the verdict in a few days.

The rest of the day he and I were write-offs.

But I have to say that I'm incredibly proud of how well our little guy did, especially considering the circumstances. Back to work tomorrow. I wonder how I'll do!

No comments: