Sunday, January 22, 2006

Oh no! Not again

I can't believe it - Atticus had another febrile convulsion today. I feel sick in the stomach with the stress of it all. At least this one wasn't as scary as the first since I knew what was happening. And thankfully my brother (who is a doctor but not the GP brother) was over at the time to help me feel calm and talk to the ambulance operator. And Dan was home (it being Sunday today) so there was another pillar of support for me to lean on.

We spent several hours at the hospital but were able to come home for dinner. Atti came to after a while and was back to his usual self, playing and crying. He was pretty hungry later on, which was a good sign. Ate two vegemite sandwiches.

However his temperature shot up again when we got home, and he wouldn't take his Panadol or Nurofen. We had to go out and get him Panadol that isn't administered by mouth if you know what I mean. The poor kid. He's asleep now but I'm still sick with worry. Of course I'll be sleeping on the floor of his room tonight. I feel bad that I'm not there now.

You know, I love my kids and I love having them but the one thing that I hate is the worry and stress when they are sick. I just can't bear it. It's the one thing that could put me off having any more. Maybe. I still want to have a girl one day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Jen, I hope it all turns out ok.