Sunday, January 15, 2006

White Haired Devil Lady

Growing up with four brothers who are a fair bit older than me meant that I had an interesting childhood... some of my fondest memories are all of us (sometimes with our parents) sitting in front of the tele on a weekend afternoon watching bad Hong Kong kung-fu flicks. One particular film that I remember, mainly for its bad special effects - I mean, I was probably 8 at the time and even I realised they were dodgy - was White Haired Devil Lady (two links here - I was amazed to find it in imdb).

This film came to mind, mainly for the title, the other day when I was examining (and plucking) the grey hairs from my head. I don't often do this, but every now and then I get in a Mood and they annoy me so much that I just yank them all out. It's a bit of a problem as more and more of them are appearing. I should probably start dying my hair or something. Eeyurgh. I hate the darn things. I hate the glint of silver as I run my hands through my hair and I hate the texture of them - thick, uneven, gross.

I've had grey hairs (or at least one) since I was 16, but only a few. It's a genetic thing - so many people on my mother's side of the family have grey/white hair. A couple of cousins have even had "salt and pepper" hair since they were in their early twenties. So, I'm accustomed to the fact that I will have them. But it's just that I'm starting to show other signs of ageing lately. I guess that's what triggered the Mood and the pulling out of copious amounts of discoloured hair. Are those the beginnings of wrinkles there? Why won't the last remnants of my baby belly go away (although I guess doing some exercise might help here). Arghh!!!

1 comment:

wongcr said...

Don't forget the horrible cymbal/drum clashing sounds when the WHDL flew through the air?

Gads, it had us in stitches ROFL!