Sunday, January 01, 2006

We need more fans

It's 44 degrees outside. We have two fans blowing on us in the lounge room and we are all just lying around on the floor trying not to move (except me - I'm typing). Boy, this is quite a way to bring in the new year! It's even too hot to go for a swim.

In other news, Atticus has made a full recovery from his hives last night. I looked at the ingredients of the "sham"pagne that I let him sip after the fireworks - Preservative 220, otherwise known as Sulphur Dioxide and well known to cause allergic reactions. (I remember that because my grandmother loved glace fruit, which contains the stuff. Once when we were visiting she had a terrible asthma attack a few days after Christmas and had to go into hospital).
I felt terrible when I realised! What a negligent mother! It makes me wonder - am I being less careful with Atti because he's a second child or is he really just that much more sensitive to things? I wasn't as careful with what I ate during the pregnancy, and then there was the chicken pox thing (I don't think I've written about that in this blog. Well, in summary, we had chicken pox (all three of us) when I was 4 months pregnant with Atticus. It was a bit of a scare but apparently he turned out okay).

No comments: