Monday, June 05, 2006

Somebody's mother

Every now and then I'm struck with wonder that I am actually someone's mother.

Last night as I was going to bed, I did my usual check on the boys and I was just completely overwhelmed with a sense of amazement and incredulity that these two wonderful, funny, cute, (and currently peaceful) little boys were my very own flesh and blood. That they rely on us for all their basic needs. That they love us unconditionally. And that we are responsible for their well being and good health.

It's just an incredible thought. How can I be that important? How am I allowed to have such responsibility? I still feel like a kid inside - still rebelling against the stereotypes of society but actually conforming more than I'd ever imagined. Still lazy and young! (-ish).

I'm all grown up but I don't feel it. It's funny how time creeps up on you.

No comments: