Saturday, October 21, 2006

Second big purchase in a fortnight

A couple of weeks ago we bought a new mattress. It cost us an arm and a leg, but it was worth it! I mentioned at the time that Dan and I have a list of things that we'd like to eventually buy... our "big things wish list" so to speak.

Today we crossed another thing off it! What amazing purchasers we are.

We went to IKEA this afternoon - out of the need to take my dad's ute for a drive (did I mention that my folks have gone overseas again?). A late start again - we got there at 4pm. (This morning was spent at Dante's friend Marco's 6th birthday party.)

We bought a bunch of small things, as we usually do - a stuffed hippo (he's so cute), a shoe rack for the back door, a laptop table for the lounge room (called "Dave"! heheh). And then Dan went to the bargain area - the "as is" section of the store for damaged/ex-display items. And there was our dining table. One we'd had an eye for a while. It had a few small dents and scratches but otherwise was in good nick.

I ummed and ahhed about buying it - it was damaged, and I wanted a shiny new one! But Dan was quite keen, and the price was just too good to pass up - 62% off! So we bought it. And now that it is in our kitchen/dining area, I'm so glad that we did. The scratches are barely noticeable. Same with the dents. It would have got dents and scratches soon enough with the kids, anyway. It sits 8 people without being extended (when it can sit 10 or 12 people). It looks nice. And I don't have to worry about it getting damaged (too much) since it came like that!

No comments: