Sunday, June 08, 2008

1 day down, 15 to go

I've survived my first 24 hours with the kids without Dan. Of course with lots of help from my folks. It hasn't been the most pleasant of times, but I'm sure the time will go quicker during the week when the kids are at school/child care and I'm at work.

The weather has been incredibly gloomy (except for some sunshine yesterday - yay for clean clothes) so the kids are getting stir-crazy stuck inside. I keep trying to send the boys outside for a run-around but all Dante wants to do is sit in front of the TV. Any time I ask him to do anything that doesn't involve television, he yells at me, "No! I don't want to!" and I can't help but see red. I even looked up boarding schools this morning. There are some that take them from Yr 3 onwards...

But anyway, besides the arguing things have been okay. Tomorrow I've planned to take them all to one of those play-gym things (we won a $100 value voucher at a school fund raiser). I really hope we'll survive it. Those things are pretty fool-proof and hardy. We'll stay there for lunch (got to get our money's worth) and come home for nice long naps in the afternoon. That's the plan. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: