Friday, June 06, 2008

Reminded

On the weekend my mother told me of my crafty beginnings. I was knitting myself a scarf while chatting to my brother and he remembered me knitting when I was quite young. About 8, I think he said. I was pretty impressed! But then again, my mother and grandmother have always been big crocheters and knitters. It's in my genes.

Then my mother told us of how one day when she was doing some sewing, I pestered her until she gave me some scraps and a (larger) needle and thread and showed me how to sew! I was only two years old at the time, and sewed a dress for one of my dolls! I couldn't believe it! How proud am I?? :)

I saw a photo on Flickr today of a patchwork quilt made by a six year old boy. Just incredible work. (His mother helped him with some parts and quilted it). I'm looking forward to the day that Elora is old enough to be taught how to sew, knit and crochet!*

* Just realised how sexist that is. I would love it if any or all of my children showed an interest in learning my hobbies!

No comments: