Friday, April 21, 2006

At Hong Kong airport

I'm currently at Hong Kong airport, with an hour to kill before I can board my plane home. Yay! I'm so looking forward to see my boys and Dan, even though I'm dreading the flight (especially after the flight from Sydney to here - blargh).

The Hong Kong part of the trip has been a whirlwind. I've only spent 36 hours here. Did as much shopping as I could, but wasn't able to buy much. I wish I could have done more shopping in China - a little cheaper than here in HK. Last night we spent several hours looking around the various markets in Mon Kok (on the Kowloon side of HK) - Ladies Market, Goldfish Market, Electronics Market (which was more like a series of shops). Today we went for a ferry ride across the harbour to HK Island and had a look around, and then that was basically it for me. A mad rush back to the hotel, a quick shower and then onto the airport shuttle bus. My father was a bit sad to see me go - I think he was more worried about me travelling by myself than anything else. Even though I'm 30! I guess in his eyes I'm still a little girl. And anyway, I'll see him in a day and a half when I pick them up from the airport in Sydney!!

Well, I'd better go. There's a grumpy looking man waiting to use this free internet terminal... See ya when I'm back at home!! (And I'll post some more pictures then, too).

No comments: