Monday, April 10, 2006

Green Eggs and Red Shirts

Dante is going to the Easter Show today with his school. How great is that? Not only do we save a tonne of money by not having to pay for two adult tickets, we don't even have to go! We don't have to deal with the "Can we buy that?" and the "I want this" and the "Can we go on the ride?" and the "I'm hungry, I want " and the "I'm thirsty. Can I have some buzzy drink?". Yay!

It was so cool seeing the kids all lined up at the train station this morning (that's where we had to drop them off, rather than at school). I wish I'd brought my camera, but unfortunately I forgot. So you'll just have to imagine about 100 kids in red hats and shirts sitting along the fence with teachers and parents milling about. It was fantastically well organised and those teachers are pretty brave!

In other news, Dante had his first sleepover (not at a relative's place) on Saturday night. His friend Lauren had her 5th birthday party! They've known each other since they were about 1 or 2, when they moved near us (before we moved to our current house). We spoke to her mother this morning when we dropped the kids off - she said it was a really nice party and the kids had a great time, although they were all a bit exhausted afterwards.

It amazes me how much the kids are growing up. Yesterday afternoon, after having a bit of a nap, Dante sat down and read the entire book of Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. He needed help with a few words, but managed to sound out the rest. I am completely astonished that he's come so far in just 10 weeks of school. And oh so proud!

No comments: