Thursday, November 23, 2006

A day off to rest

I took a day off work today. The intention was to rest and recover from the busy couple of weeks we've had. But last night I woke up at 2:30am and couldn't get back to sleep! My mind was abuzz with ideas and thoughts about all the things to do - work is crazy, the house is a mess, Christmas is coming, the baby is coming! So I fretted and tossed and turned, and decided that I'd make a quilt for one of the teachers at child care who has been there for 6 years and who's going on maternity leave at the end of next week!

I finally got back to sleep after about an hour and this morning as soon as I sent the boys off to school/work/childcare I got out my fabrics and looked through my patterns. Surprisingly I worked out something that will be quick and easy, and hopefully will look nice and bright. I'll post a picture when it's done.

The morning went in a flash and I desperately needed to go grocery shopping - it's been a while. We had no milk, no bread (not even in the freezer!), no fruit, and hardly any other food around the place. I talked my mother into accompanying me, and we went to Spotlight (fabric shop) on the way. I bought some backing material for my quilt, and then filled up a trolley with tasty food stuffs for the family at the supermarket. My plans to cut and piece the quilt top in the afternoon went out the window as I was totally exhausted when I got home.

Oh well, the weekend's coming up - perhaps I'll get some rest then!

No comments: