Saturday, January 20, 2007

Quality television

Late last year Dante started getting interested in the Power Rangers - I assume because of another boy in his class. I don't know how they found out about them as it was on TV at about 1:30 in the morning!

So, for Christmas he got a Power Rangers DVD from his Auntie Bec. Five of the worst quality low budget kids' action show episodes ever. Dante, of course, takes it all very seriously but we adults can't help but laugh at the dodgy special effects and costumes.

After I-don't-know-how-many repeated screenings of this new DVD, I think Dante has finally caught on to the inconsistencies and discontinuties (if that's the right word). This morning he said to me, "Mama, why do all the bad guys just stand back and dance like this *insert action of baddies fighting against nobody* while the Power Rangers do all the fighting?".

I grinned and replied, "Ask your father."

No comments: