Monday, January 29, 2007

Two years ago...

I remember two years and a few days ago sitting around in the heat, being heavily pregnant and watching the Australian Open on tele. Last week I sat around in the heat, heavily pregnant, watching the Australian Open on tele. And yesterday two years ago I gave birth to my second son after four hours of labour. Woohoo!

I wasn't planning on having a big celebration for the occasion, what with the heat and the exhaustion, and especially after he fell ill. But things change, and we ended up having the immediate family over for lunch. I was going to do a barbecue, but laziness took over and we ordered pizzas instead. It didn't matter, though. The kids loved it and everyone had a good time. Even Atticus! I was worried that he would sleep through the whole affair - he has been having four hour naps these last few days, from midday or one o'clock till late afternoon! We let him sleep a few hours and then made enough noise so that he woke up in time for his birthday cake - the most important part of things.

Today he is much improved and has gone off to child care in good spirits. His rash is still very nasty looking but the pain has gone and he is happy. Dante starts school tomorrow - I hope we can make it on time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Atticus. We miss you and hope you're feeling better soon.