Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dream, dream, dream

I don't know why I do it to myself, but every Tuesday I cannot resist looking through the inner-west property guide that comes with the herald. It's huge! With lots of pictures of unaffordable houses in the suburbs I want to live.

Today there were TWO houses I would buy instantly if I won the lottery. The mega-massive-once-in-a-lifetime-ridiculous lottery (which will NEVER happen - I know this for a fact because I never buy lottery tickets!)

The first is just down the street from Dante's best friend. How happy would he be if we moved there?? It's still a drive in to school and work, but less than half the time it currently take us. Its 6 bedrooms just might fit us and all our stuff, too.

The second is in my dream location. The area I have always loved and wished I could afford. Not as big a property as the first but in a much better location! Next to a park, with the possibility of a rooftop terrace! How cool would that be??

So, anyway, I've thrown that paper away now. There's not a chance that I'll ever have a house like these. But it's nice to dream, right?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

oooh both lovely. My mothers group used to meet at the park near the second house. Its so lovely around there!