Sunday, March 14, 2010

Go away, daylight savings

Daylight savings. Putting your clocks forward or backwards an hour depending on the season. Dan loves it. He says "Daylight savings should be on all year 'round". And I don't mind it in summer, when the sun goes down at 8:30pm and comes up at 5am.

But now, now that the days are getting shorter and the mornings are getting cooler, now I cannot stand it and cannot wait for it to end. As I've written before, I like to get out in the morning for a run or a walk (when I'm feeling particularly tired or lazy). But the last couple of days, it's still dark when I'm ready to go and I have to sit around waiting for more light to filter through before I leave. I mean, I could go out while it's still dark but worry about the safety issues a little bit.

Some of you might say "Just go out later" but the problem is that if I leave it too late, the children are all awake and ransacking the kitchen when I get home.

Like this morning. When I walked up to the (glass) back door Elora was standing in the back room and immediately scooted off when she saw me. I came in to find Atti rifling through the fridge and Elora hiding out in the lounge room with a grape and a lolly (don't know where she found that!)

Well, in three weeks we'll get that hour back. It will be good. Except that the days will be even shorter than now! Oh well, can't win them all.

No comments: