Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Back to the slog

Flew home on Monday. Took this picture of the cloud layers from the plane. Neat, huh?

We got to spend a few hours in Cairns where my Aunties took us out to yum cha for lunch. yum! I searched for Atti's backup dawg since that was where he originally came from, but alas, it was in vain.

The plane got in 15 minutes early and so we were able to get home in time for me to say g'night to the boys. Atti was reading a book when he looked up and saw me, exclaimed "Mama!" and then went back to looking at the pictures. Dante gave me a "knock-down" hug and presented me with a couple of "notes" that he'd written me. It was lovely to see them after a week of being away!

I did wonder how long it would take to get back into the swing of things back in Sydney... it took one evening! I got up at 6am yesterday and settled back into the work/school/childcare routine straight away. I'm still quite tired, especially getting used to daylight savings again, but that'll happen soon enough.

No comments: