Monday, December 18, 2006

Water, ahoy!

I went and booked the kids into swimming lessons this morning. Our local pool gets filled up so incredibly quickly - it's ridiculous! I remember last year they told me that on the day of enrolments you need to get in at 9am to book, otherwise you'll miss out. So, I sent the boys in to school with Dan and got my mother to drop me at the pool. I got there at 9:30am (running a little behind schedule) and there was a queue of six people in front of me. I was so annoyed!

I did manage to arrange it so the kids will have their lessons at the same time, however Dan's going to kill me - the lessons are for 8:30am on Saturday mornings (during Term 1). I had no choice - all the "frogs" lessons (for Atticus) were full except for that one. After I'd booked I found out that "tadpoles" were pretty much the same as "frogs" and they'd put us down in a "tadpoles" class anyway. Ack - that means we could have gone to a Sunday 9am class instead... a little more civilised. Oh well, it's done now. At least we can sleep in on Sundays instead (as much as one can sleep in with young kids, that is!).

No comments: