Monday, August 06, 2007

Crocheted blankie - done!


I started this blanket of crocheted granny squares over a year ago when I found out that a friend of mine was pregnant. The initial square making went ever so quickly but piecing it together (sewn together with a wool needle) took me ages, as did determining the pattern in the first place (I'm not one for planning ahead very well).

But now it is completed. Well, actually, I've still got to sew in the ends... but it is essentially done now that I've finished the edging.

What do you think? I like things to be crazily colourful. Perhaps it's a bit much, especially with the black, but I like it.


Now I just need to finish the last bit and deliver it. The baby in question is rapidly approaching her first birthday, but I'm sure she won't mind my tardiness!

No comments: