Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stitches and Craft show, and how NOT to parent

I went to the Sydney Stitches and Craft show today, with my mother and mother-in-law. We had Elora with us as well, which made for a lovely girls' day out! Of course I spent too much money, but the important point is that I didn't spend A LOT MORE. Elora charmed everybody with her gorgeous smiles, but got hardly any sleep, the poor thing. She was in bed by 6pm tonight - I'm yet to find out if she'll sleep through the night!

But, it was a lovely day out. I'd been looking forward to it for a few weeks, after I'd made the decision to go. I've spent the last few days thinking a lot about fabric and quilt designs (also fueled by the parcels I've been receiving recently)...

<enter confession mode>
So yesterday afternoon after I finally got E down to bed, I was busy sketching a design and calculating sizes when the phone rang. It was D's school's After Care coordinator. She was calling to let me know that he was there even though he's not usually booked in on a Wednesday and the teachers had a meeting and sent him down...

"Oh, ***!" I exclaimed (not into the phone).

I FORGOT TO PICK UP DANTE FROM SCHOOL.

Who's the worst mother ever?

Yep, you're looking at her.
</end confession mode>

No comments: