Monday, July 10, 2006

Sad news

I just found out that a friend of ours (Evelyn's sister) just lost her second baby, at a little before 12 weeks. The foetus had the same problem as last time, a neural tube defect called anencephaly.

I can't express how sad I feel upon hearing this news. Christina is one of the nicest, friendliest, sweetest people we know, and for something this tragic to happen to her just doesn't seem fair. I guess what made it worse was that she was so happy and excited to be pregnant. She wrote a lot about it on her blog and it was clear that they really really wanted to be parents. I feel especially sorry since I am lucky enough to know how wonderful it is to be a mother, and I couldn't bear the thought of losing my two boys.

There are so many people who become parents unwillingly - it really is unjust when people who DO want children can't have them. I hope that they find out the cause of Christina's problems and can fix them - she will be a wonderful mother some day.

1 comment: