Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I am Mojo Jojo!

The kids (mainly Dante) have been getting stuck into The Powerpuff Girls recently, a cute little cartoon about three superhero girls. I've always enjoyed this show, since I first saw it years before the kids came along.

Last night we watched an episode called "Mo' Linguish" which focussed on the wonderful super villain, Mojo Jojo, the talking chimpanzee with a grossly over-large brain (and a Japanese accent akin to Monkey Magic).

Mojo Jojo has a very... verbose way of speaking. In this episode he teaches the citizens of Townsville to speak in the same manner. Chaos ensues until the Powerpuff Girls step in to save the day (as usual). It made me laugh so much! The scriptwriters of this show are geniuses!

Then while searching the web for an excerpt, I found this blog entry which expressed everything that I felt about the episode. He also linked to the full transcript of the episode. Pure brilliance, in my humble opinion.

He also mentioned my other favourite episode:
I am not Bubbles! Bubbles is not who I am! I am the one, the only, single solitary doer of dastardly deeds! Purveyor of pestilence! Interloper of lawlessness! Menace to mankind! I am bad! I am evil! I am Mojo Jojo!
(Watch the excerpt here.)

Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!

No comments: