Monday, October 20, 2008

Early starts

A month and a half ago I voluntarily got up and went to work early. It was a liberating experience.

Because now I'm addicted.

I've been going in early to work early once a week almost every week since. Mondays, mainly, cause then Dan doesn't have to worry about getting the two younger kids ready (they stay at home with my folks).

I don't know what I like best about it... the grin on my father's face when he takes me to the train station (for some perverse reason he loves that I get up so early now); the relaxed, quiet time when I'm getting ready to go; the stillness of the morning (although the traffic really picks up after 6:30am); or the chance to sit in the dark in my office for an hour or two before phone calls start and my colleague arrives.

Anyway, it makes for a nice start to the week.

No comments: