Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Catching the early train

Woke up this morning at an incredibly ridiculous hour - half past five! I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up, took Panadol to ease my 39+°C temperature, had a long hot shower and decided to come in to work.

It was delightful getting out of the house so early. Birds still around (saw a Black-faced Cuckoo-Shrike on the power line as I walked to the bus stop!). Annoyingly I missed the bus by three minutes and had to wait half an hour, but either it was a pleasantly mild morning or the fever kept me warm.

The train ride was uneventful, except for the weird man pacing up and down the carriage carrying a suitcase and wearing thongs. I noted the latter because of his toe nails. Ack. They must have been at least an inch long.

And now here I am at work. I'm getting so much more done this morning! I really quite like this early start. The downside is that Dan just called from home and everyone there is sick. He has a temperature, so does Elora. Atti's been up since half past six, and Dante is still sick (he's been sick since Saturday). I'm amazed that I'm well enough to work. I'm sure it will hit me later in the day.

No comments: