Sunday, September 07, 2008

Father's Day

As expected it was a very low key Father's Day over this way. Dan slept in until 10am before I got Dante to wake him so I could hang out three loads of washing!

I wished my own father a good day and he proceeded to tell me that "Chinese don't celebrate Father's Day" and so on. But I think he was happy anyway, especially since we gave him my old iPod with the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack on it. Now he'll be able to do his tai-chi in the morning to music.

Back to work tomorrow - I'm a bit worried about the state of my office. There was some demolition work going on in there yesterday. I hope they didn't trash the place! I'm planning on going in early again to get things cleaned up before the phone calls begin.

In other news, I think I have finally worked out how to ease this nasty cough that I have, now that the raging fever has subsided. Who woulda thunk it... cough lozenges. My all-knowing, wise-as-the-ages mother gave me some Vicks Vapodrops and suddenly I can breathe again. Dan's onto the Butter Menthols and they're doing the same job. A huge relief!

No comments: