Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Getting ready for Daylight Savings

Something has happened to my sleep patterns lately. I've been getting up early every morning, sans alarm, and falling asleep earlier than usual at night.

I'm not complaining, though. It's nice getting up at 6am (or earlier some days)! I lie in bed listening to the birds calling each other. The rest of the house is oh so peaceful. And I'll be all set for when Daylight Savings begins in a couple of weeks!

The main downside to going to bed almost straight after the children is that I don't have "me time" in the evening. I don't sit down with Dan and knit/sew while we watch our favourite television shows. Not much crafting has been going on around here. And I think Dan's getting a bit lonely.

Of course, he could always come to bed earlier (instead of 1am!) and wake up earlier, too... heh. Anyone that knows him would ROFL at the idea of Dan getting up early without a serious reason. This is the man who will sleep in till midday if he could!

Oh well, can't win them all.

No comments: