Monday, September 08, 2008

Long day

As I noted yesterday, I got up and out of the house bright and early this morn and was in at work by 7:30am! Even better news (for me) was that the scheduled demolition in my office was postponed until after I have moved out of there. Phew! What a relief.

My heels were dragging a bit (understandably) by the time 3pm came around and I had to get Dante from school. Just him this week - no gymnastics (he's still not well enough and neither was I to take the usual three kids). Oh the whinging, complaining and carrying on that occurred from that point onwards! Not a "Hello, Mama" when he saw me at school. Instead I was greeted with "Oh, but I want to go to gymnastics! In the car! Where's the car? I'm allowed to go to gymnastics! Wha! Wha! Wha!" I was beside myself with fury.

You can imagine what the rest of my evening has been like. The other two both are coming down with this thing, I think. Dan stayed back at work a bit and was going to head off to his Monday Night Thing That He Does but after seeing my face when we did a quick video chat, he graciously decided to come home instead.

It wasn't until he arrived that I realised how ridiculously tired I am, and had been! And he pointed out that between us we were at work for 11½ hrs today. They don't pay us enough! No wonder Dante's behaviour got on my nerves so quickly. I get very cranky when I'm tired :(

Anyway, this has been a really blah sort of post. I apologise. I don't have the mental capacity for anything more. Let alone crafting. I haven't touched any crafty stuff at all for at least a week. Not even any knitting, which is what I'll do whilst sitting on the couch. I think this is the first night in several days that I haven't gone to bed straight after the kids have!

And, by the way, some of you may have noticed this thing that I'm doing with this blog this month... which would also explain the blandness of this post. And it's only the 8th day of September. Oh yeah, the thing: a post a day in September :)

No comments: