Wednesday, February 08, 2006

After Care's not that bad!

Dante started after school care yesterday. As you know, I've been reluctant to send him there but work has forced me enroll him since nothing has happened about my application to permanently reduce my hours. However, now that he's been there for two days, I'm feeling quite okay about it all.

The staff there are lovely, especially the person in charge. The kids are happy and relaxed. They get fed afternoon tea and there's lots for them to do. It's all playing - no school work. I've found that it's actually good for Dante's social life, too. He's starting to make friends with some of the other kindergarten kids who are also at after care. I think it's good for them to see each other in a "play" situation instead of the "learning" situation that is the classroom. Yay! Something for me to feel a little less guilty about.

No comments: