Sunday, February 05, 2006

Splashy splashy

We had swimming lessons this morning. Dante with the "seahorses" class and Atticus with the "tadpoles". Dante was an old hand, having attended for two weeks at the beginning of the year. I didn't get to see exactly how well he did, however, because I was in the water with Atti!

Oh, what fun we had! Atticus is quite happy in the water - he loves splashing around in the bath with his brother. And boy do I mean splashing. The water even reaches past the doorway of our bathroom! Anyway, this morning, as soon as I put him down to get ready to swim, he made a beeline for the edge of the pool. Dang, he's quick now! He was so excited to be there. The water in the pool was delightfully warm, somewhat like the bath. I guess that's why he behaved exactly like when he's in the bath - splashing with great gusto. We were both totally soaked before the teacher even finished singing the first song. I was laughing my head off. The other mothers were pretty amused as well. And he was fantastic for the rest of the lesson.

I don't think we'll have any problems with this boy getting his face wet!

No comments: