Thursday, February 16, 2006

Argh - The Screaming

The title of this post sounds like it should be a Role Playing book... like the World of Darkness series.

But that's what it felt like this evening. Like I'd driven home and my two children who were (thankfully, in Atti's case) fast asleep suddenly turned into screaming demons from the furthest dungeons of hell, as soon as we got home. Dan, lucky man, was out having dinner with some overseas work visitors (crocodile and kangaroo satay sticks...) but my parents were here to help. Unfortunately they couldn't do much when both boys where clamouring for my attention, one demanding "nai-nai" (milk) and the other wailing incomprehensibly (and very annoyingly). The technique for dealing with the second one is to just ignore anything that isn't sensible (as in, makes sense). After offers of hugs, drinks, fruit ("peach?" "no" "nectarine?" "no..." "okay" "no, I want a nectarine!"... Peaches and nectarines are brought in... "no, I wanted a plum! wah wah ahhhh"), my parents finally realised that I was right when I said to leave him alone. They went home and things calmed down after I got some food into the boys.

Now they are both asleep, thankfully, and I am utterly exhausted.

No comments: