Saturday, February 18, 2006

Something good

Guess what? I'm going to China!

My father has been organising a trip to Hainan Island for months now - originally he was just going to take my no.2 brother, but a few weeks ago I found out that he's taking Mama, as well as my other two brothers. I wasn't too happy about that - I felt very left out. He was taking all his kids but me! When I told him, he said "You can't come - who's going to look after your kids?". Of course, I DO have a husband that is perfectly capable of taking care of his OWN children, but my father didn't see that... he's a bit old fashioned in that way. My mother did everything when we were little. "Times are different now, and anyway, that's a decision that Dan and I need to make ourselves," I told him.

So, anyway, after some discussion Dan and I decided that it would be okay for me to go, too! Once the possibility of me going had been broached, I started getting more and more enthusiastic about the idea. And I really wanted to go. I don't know if I'll ever get the opportunity again to go to China with my parents and brothers, especially to the village where my dad was born and grew up.

We'll be going for 10 days. It will be hard for Dan with the two boys, especially since it will be Easter/School holidays the entire time, but he will manage. He's mother and sister are around and I'm sure they'll help him out.

So, yay! Some excitement for me. I have never been away from Atticus, even overnight. It will be hard leaving him (as well as the other two) but good for us all to have the break.

No comments: