Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Luke. Luke Skywalker

Picking up Dante from school yesterday was an interesting experience. I walked through the gates and the playgrounds was teeming with children in red hats and red shirts. Try finding your own kid amongst all that. Impossible! Well, not really impossible as I did manage to find him eventually. The teacher told me that he had a good day and he was very happy to put on his backpack and get going.

I asked him what he did that day and all the usual questions. He didn't have much to say (should I be surprised?) but I did manage to find out that they sat outside to eat their lunch and the sandpit has a big monster inside it. And his teacher is Natalie and he's in the Echidna class.

This morning we discovered that one of the other boys is a Star Wars fan. It started because I spotted his Star Wars school bag. It had his name on it, "Luke". I asked him if he liked Star Wars and he exclaimed positively. We talked about the subject while Dante listened on. I introduced the boys to each other and they ran off, discussing light sabre tactics and singing the Star Wars theme tunes. I think his mother was just as happy as I was to see the boys making friends.

No comments: