Friday, March 03, 2006

Happy Birthday Chris!

I'm blogging in bed tonight. Ah - the wonders of modern technology (laptops and wireless networks). Where would we be without them?

Today I had my hair cut. I only go to one hairdresser, highly recommended by my friend Rosie, and he's absolutely wonderful. Just before I came to bed I was actually admiring myself in the mirror. I mean, I was happy with the way I looked. How often does that happen? Not too often, let me tell you... years of growing up in this society of supermodels doesn't help one's self-esteem.

Anwyay, it's so nice getting a little bit pampered every once in a while. I only get haircuts once every 8-10 months - I'm lucky that I've got thick, long hair and don't really need to cut it very often. Plus, I save money! Today I got a slight fringe, a side-swept thing, and some layering and shaping around my face. My hair feels so light! But still half way down my back.

What else is making me happy tonight? My weight is down to less than what I was in year 11! I've still got this slight tum (from having babies), so I don't know where the weight has gone. Muscle tone, I guess, now that I've stopped rowing. I will have to get back into it at some point. Too late for this season (it's the tail end of it now - too late to get into it... everyone else is super fit and toned so training sessions are heaps harder!!).

I'm officially starting reduced hours at work from Monday! I'm so excited. I can't wait to sign Dante up for some extra-curricular activities, like piano lessons, joining the local soccer club... We'll actually have time to do homework of an evening, and I plan on cooking meals a whole lot more. Ah, the grand plans!

Anyway, I'm feeling tired but happy and needed to share the joy. Plus, happy birthday to my dear brother Chris (no.2).

No comments: