Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Part-time is wonderful

Had my first part-time day yesterday. Besides the stress of trying to do all my work in two hours less, it was great!

Picked up Dante from school - the playground was really quiet and uncrowded as the older kids (Year 3 and up) were at the school swimming carnival. I wasn't quite organised enough to properly leave work so we had to go back to my office to get all my stuff. Then slowly made our way in the 33°C heat to the car and childcare to pick up Atti. He was in a lovely mood after having a terrific day with the carers (he's settling in so well now - no tears again this morning). And then to add the icing to the cake, we picked up Dan from work early!

When we got home we did the usual "sit around and relax" routine before we thought we'd better do something about dinner. On a usual night it would be almost 7pm by now. But no, it was only 5:30pm. Cool! I cooked dinner (spaghetti and meat balls) for us and my folks... not too bad. Bathed the kids and put them to bed. Sat down to relax again, expecting it to be after 9pm. It was only a quarter past eight! We had the entire evening to ourselves! Did we spend the time wisely? No! We watched the Oscars on tele. And then I did some work on the computer. But that's beside the point. It was just so great to have so much time in the evening. I'm very happy with this new arrangement.

No comments: