Saturday, March 11, 2006

All's quiet on the home front

My two eldest boys (father and son) have gone to Brisbane for the weekend for another launch of Grandpa's book, and Atticus and I are having a lovely quiet time at home.

We both slept like babies last night - I was so tired that I went to bed at 10:30pm! We slept in a little this morning, not getting up until half past 7, had a lovely breakfast and then spent the morning playing in the lounge room. Atti is at such a wonderful age now. He's so happy strutting around, exploring the world. He loves looking at books, turning the pages and opening and closing the covers. He especially loves books with flaps and fold outs. Grandma bought him a book that folds out to 2 metres! And has flaps! It is the best thing, ever.

I was sitting at the computer, reading the paper online and checking my email. At one stage he decided to come over and see what I was doing (as you do) amd tried to squeeze into the 15cm space between the computer table and couch to get to the back of the computer. Why oh why? He had about 20sq.m of space to roll around in and he chooses that gap. I guess that's just kids for you, right?

Anyway, then we popped next door to visit for a while. Atti was stuffed with fruit be my folks ("nana, nana" = banana) and I lay down on the couch... just for a minute. I woke up half an hour later! I didn't even think that I was tired! I didn't realise how much the last couple of months have taken out of me. Still tired now. Thankfully Atti's napping right now.

No comments: