Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I made it myself - part two

Look what I made, Ma! Ever since I saw Melly and Me's monsters I've been itching to make some of my own. I've been trying to think up designs similar to theirs but I don't want to copy them exactly. My niece Alexandra drew some lovely designs for me, too, (she's such a talented illustrator, and only seven years old) but I'll write more about those later. In the meantime, I decided to make a seahorse, inspired by the visit to the aquarium and those incredible softies.

I did it all by myself! I designed it, cut it, embroidered it (the eyes), sewed it, stuffed it, and finished it completely on my own. I never thought I'd be able to do it. I did most of it last night (Dan had a late meeting and then the car broke down and he and Dante didn't get home until 11:15pm... poor guys. I, on the other hand, had a wonderful productive sewing evening), and completed it tonight. I'm so proud!

It's amazing what some inspiration from the wonderful crafty people out there on the interweb can do. I can't wait to do some more... having the time to do it is another matter, of course.

No comments: