Saturday, July 28, 2007

A million bucks

Last night I was up every two hours with one kid or the other. Makes for a very tired Jen right now.

But anyway when I'm half asleep, rocking the child back to sleep, I like to take the time to think. Sometimes I plan on how I'd like to renovate the house, or what quilts I want to make, or where I'd like to go on holiday. But last night a different train of thought stuck with me. It's a pretty common one. What would I do if I was given (or won) a million dollars?

Of course there's the usual Pay Off All Debts. That goes without saying. Sometimes I think about buying another house (what? more debt??) or doing a major renovation of this one. But last night a new idea came into my head. I wish I could have my very own fabric shop. I was planning the types of fabrics, the suburb it would be located in, the layout of the store. I had a lot of time to dream about it and work out the details.

Sigh. If only we could win that money. A bit difficult, though, since we don't actually buy lottery tickets or enter those TV quiz shows.

What would you do with a million bucks?

No comments: