Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sweet success!

A few parents of our Child Care Centre and I ran a cake stall today as a fundraiser. We started at 8:30am and held it just outside the Centre to catch the morning crowds of students and staff (who happen to walk past on their way in from the train station). We had two sessions, morning (till 10am) and afternoon (3pm until sold out!). And I am proud to say that we did really well with it! Not quite as well as we did a couple of years ago, but still pretty amazingly considering the last minute organisation (we were meant to do it the week before and then forgot to organise it, and postponed it for a week).

I made cupcakes, chocolate crackles and toffees. My mother helped out and made a delicious apple teacake (I know it was delicious because a workmate bought it and shared it... heheh), and helped me ice the cakes. We were up until midnight! And I'm definitely "caked out" now. Too many sweets for one day.

No comments: