Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bananas = gold

Atticus loves bananas. While I was overseas he apparently ate at least two a day. And he can say "nana" very clearly, and very often.

Anyway, we ran out of them on Friday, and on Saturday we had to go and buy some. Normally the fruit shop we go to (which has a great name, by the way: "Smashing Pumpkins"... which is partly why we go there, I think!) is quite cheap.

But not this weekend. Bananas were so expensive! People cashing in on the recent cyclones in Queensland. I bought the smallest bunch I could find - five bananas. They cost $6. That's $10/kg. I couldn't believe it. I also couldn't believe that I actually bought them. Oh well, that's how much I love my kids... right?

And they are SO being rationed out. No more than one per day.

No comments: