Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Poor sick baby

Elora's got the miseries at the moment. She woke up every 3-4 hours last night and I was completely zonked today. Managed to have a nap in the middle of the day... which caused me to get behind schedule for everything else!

At least I finally managed to choose a new oven. My old one died, oh, in August... and I've been making do since (read: using next door's oven) but it's about time we replaced the thing. The only problem, I discovered, is that they just don't make them like they used to. Have you seen inside these things lately? They are tiny! How is one meant to cook a huge roast plus vegetables in one of these modern ovens? My old oven is 60cm wide externally, but inside is 50cm! New ones are 60cm outside but only 43cm inside (at best). My big dishes won't fit.

So my mother and I searched and searched. Found a couple that were almost big enough but not quite. In the end we decided to get a 70cm wide Miele one which is 53cm wide inside. Yay for compromise!

Now off to bed.

No comments: